16.3.12

BAG CANDY By Niels Peeraer

 
I wrote earlier on my blog about Niels Peeraer. Niels is a Belgian designer based in Paris, France who won 5 awards which included a handbag collaboration with Delvaux and a personal gallery exhibition in MOMU. I had the pleasure to meet him at this Antwerp show. To me he really is his own personification of his work.

I fell in love with his collection right away. The storytelling of his work combined with the nude colors are remarkable and take me by surprise everytime I look at them. For AW12/13 he presents to us a new collection: 'the lotus and the snake, the curse of the white fox'. This collection is about a girl and a boy trying to protect their family crest and traditions. All accessories are made out of vegetable tanned bridle leather with brass fittings. All pieces are carefully handcrafted but still with the intention to celebrate the natural beauty and strength of the leather.
This last bag on the picture is beyond beautiful if you ask me. LOVELOVELOVE!
"If you can dream it....you can do it"

No comments: