17.10.11

Bruno Pieters for WEEKDAY

Bruno Pieters for Weekday....Can anyone book me a ticket to Stockholm P L E A S E!  I am a fan of Bruno Pieters work ever since I did an internship with him in Antwerp after I graduated my MA in fashion design. 
When I think of Bruno Pieters I think of contemporary elegance and innovative lines. Bruno is the latest designer to join the Weekday Collaboration project. Before him there was Stella Goya, wich I also absolutely love.
The renowned Belgian born designer has created a collection that embrace his signature style, a design that is fresh, timeless and sophisticated. A collection that focuses on shape and proportion. Two important sources of inspiration were cubism and the late 1940’s style. Bruno Pieters to me is such a perfectionist, like Karl Lagerfeld he does all the photography of his collections himself. I really like it that he would like to keep control of his final look until the last moment. This to me, shows that he has a very strong vision of what he would like to present to the world.
The Bruno Pieters collection for both men and women is now available in selected Weekday stores. Unfortunately only in Scandinavia, so I guess this is a really good excuse for me to go to Stockholm again!
"If you can dream it....you can do it"

No comments: