30.9.11

Balmain you've got my head spinning

BALMAIN, what a crazy collection, I mean that in a good way....Normally I would never like anything that is over the top, but this collection is balancing on the edge of being too much and being perfect. The cut of the pieces is so refined and the  elaborate embroideries of the fabrics have the most beautiful patterns. Balmain has a new head of design: Olivier Rousteing. The difference was really clear: Balmain is not tacky, but Chic with the capital C!
I love it how he combines this elaborate pieces with a simple white Tee. The black leather embossed suit, is so well cut, and beautiful! Also the light blue washed denim that he combines with the black leather, tones down the look and gives it just that little bit of elegance to balance it out. My favorite is the white bomber jacket with the star studs. I just can't get enough of this collection....
"If you can dream it....you can do it"

No comments: