21.6.11

New Blood

I just spotted these illustrations from artist Tara Dougans. She has illustrated the the student collections from the Design Academy of Antwerp. Artist Tara Dougans interpreted the breakout final collections from this year's seven graduating students, an international mix hailing from Germany, Poland, The Netherlands, Belgium and Japan. “I thought about all the talented people I have met who burn brightly, and the concept of ‘a moth to a flame,’” Dougans explains of her finely wrought graphite illustrations with an entomological twist. I am curious who the designer from the Netherlands is. I have visited two graduation shows last week by the way. I will show you some pics of them later. I think it is always inspiring to see New Blood, with high HOPES and DREAMS....

No comments: