29.5.11

Valentiyes





There are some fashionlabels you are not supposed to like when you are a young women. Maybe it is just my fascination and is it just me personally, but I never check right away the newest collection of Valentino Couture for example. In the back of my mind I always have this sort of image that it will be too classical and too feminine for my own personal taste too like....
Wel that illusion totally shuttered when I looked at the Couture collection SS11 from Valentino just now (way too late..). This was not a no, but definately a VALENTI YES! At first sight the collection looks sweet and romantic, but this collection has a undertone. There was a secret in the collection, in the way the pleats fell, the way the sheer fabrics seemed about to reveal something while keeping it hidden. That secret was presumably the girl inside the clothes. If she was covered up, she wasn't demure. The models walked with a diffident hauteur, hardly innocent.


Here I quote Tim Blanks for Style.com: "If fashion is about today, then today it's time to go back to elegance," said Pier Paolo Piccioli, after a collection that put the seal on his and co-designer Maria Grazia Chiuri's creative stewardship of Valentino. "Elegance is subversive," he added. "The real subversion is culture." And, in the duo's eyes, haute couture is a way to flex some cultural muscle.


I couldn't have described it better, this was exactly the feeling I got when looking at the collection. This pale greenish feather jacket.....oooh what a beauty! Also the white trousers with the blind zipper and the translucent! heels, are so sexy. My appreciation for Haute Couture definately blossomed from here! 

No comments: