4.5.11

Being Human (oid)

Hi there, Bussy times over here. Lately I am thinking a lot about my blog and why I have this blog. The main reason for me personally is, that it is a personal scrapbook for myself of all the things that I like, love and am inspired by. On the other hand one of the reasons that I started this blog is that I want to create an interaction with other people that have the same interests. It is a work in progress and it allows me to make mistakes and grow as a designer and develop my personal taste.

Because I am Dutch myself I would like to make this blog more local. I will be continuing with posting my international main interests, but besides that I want to pay extra attention to what is happening here in the Netherlands and in particular Amsterdam.

I would love to hear from you what you would like to see on my blog. I will do whatever I like anyway;) but I am highly interested and curious about your ideas. Thank you very much for reading! I will do my best to keep this page fresh and interesting as possible!

These are some pictures from the dutch brand HUMANOID. This label is located in Arnhem, one of the fashion capitals of the Netherlands. I can tell you a lot more about Arnhem, because it is a very inspiring surrounding, but I will do that later. HUMANOID just happened according to the founders Sandra Harmsen and Hans Boelens . No philosophy, just by Doing something. HUMAN-OID, literally: like a human.

Leafing through HUMANOID’s 26-year anniversary publication, it’s nearly 30 years by now, you see a women’s label maturing in the big world of fashion without so much as a step astray. Without screaming for attention. HUMANOID’s identity feels familiar. That pleasantly unruly early 80s feel always remained: expressive, creative, authentic, but always functional and contemporary.

You should definately pay a visit to the shop in the Weverstraat 40 in Arnhem. It is based in an old church, what a beauty!








     Shop in Arnhem: Weverstraat 14

No comments: