10.3.11

The House of Dagmar

House of Dagmar is a young Swedish fashion company. Since the label Dagmar was launched in the Spring of 2005, it’s arty chic style has been widely recognised by the fashion industry. I noticed the label DAGMAR about 2 years ago. They had a beautiful video on their website that inspired me to make my own fashion video, which you can find on my website www.annalindeman.com
Since then their style has become more edgy and more mainstream, I guess. The collections unite glamour and tailoring with the finest materials. The feeling, the colours and the patterns are found primarily in the Art Deco period of the 20’s and 30’s. Motion pictures, architecture, art, music and dance inspire to the decadent touch. The feminine sensuality adds a fascinating mysticism to every Dagmar item. Many of the garments are hand-knitted or have added hand-made details. Their F/W 2011/12 collection is a whole wardrobe, from evening-wear till beautifully cut outerwear. The collection is very clever constructed, were you can mix all the different layers together to an exiting new silhouette every time. These pictures I have made in the showroom of Are you Swedish?, a beautiful showroom, that I am about to visit a few other times for sure!

No comments: